Pain is both a physical and emotional experience, and the perception of pain associated with childbirth varies widely from woman to woman. This is partly due to the difference in physical effects on a woman's tissues, depending on her and the child's size, but just as much her emotional state in connection with the birth, including fear of pain. Therefore, pain treatment is not exclusively focused on medicines administered in connection with the birth, but relies to a great extent on a properly
By far the worst pain is in uddrivningsfasen of birth, ie. during the period when the child is on the way out. In this phase may plukvéer, fatigue and anxiety be indicative of pain relief with morphine. However, this is usually a bit reluctant morphine close to birth as it crosses the placenta and can affect the child's breathing after birth.
For medical pain management principles in uddrivningsfasen must include the following:
- Nitrous oxide (kvælstofoverilte)does relieve pain, but can not usually give full anesthesia. The woman manages it himself through a mask, which is coupled to a dosing system that makes that dose can not be too high. The problem with high doses of nitrous oxide is that inhalationsluften from the mesh so comprised mostly of gas and not enough oxygen, so that the flow of oxygen to the fetus may be too small. Laughter gas is administered in a system where only the gas off when the woman breathes in, and breath
- Pudendusblokadethe local anesthetic agent is being paid around nerve pudendus that detect pain from the area around the genitalia and between the meat. This is done through the vagina through the introduction of a needle, and anesthetic agent is injected into the blood. Because this anesthetic method can weaken véerne, it only after a time the press.
- In danger of the flesh cracks, or to perform an episiotomy (a cut to avoid the failures of tissue), can be putlocal anestheticdirectly in the flesh.
- Byparacervikalblockadeinstituted a local anesthetic along the sides of the cervix. This is not done routinely, because it could affect the fetus hjertelyd.
- Epiduralanalgesiis a stunning of the nerves, leading impulses from the spinal cord tissues (and to some extent also the nerves which carry impulses from the spinal cord to the muscles). This brought by a narkoselæge before starting birth. Here imposed under a local anesthetic needle between anterograde, moving forward. Throughout this brought a katheter (a thin plastic long) to the so-called evolution space near the spinal cord through which nerves to and from the spinal cord passes out between anterograde, moving forward. In this space injected local anesthetic mid
- Some are happy to have brought small deposits of sterile water in the loins. This gives initially a burning pain (occasionally referred to as "bee-sting"), but subsequently a not entirely explained relieve pain during labor power.
Other methods of pain relief include akkupunktur, hypnosis and childbirth in hot water.
The choice of pain relieving treatment must be discussed with birth preparation, and it must be agreed in advance what types of painkillers woman must have if she wants it during labor. Far from all women in need of painkillers during childbirth.